We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chief Mining Officer for a large mining operation in East Africa.
Our client is a well-known mine company who primarily produce High Grade Copper & Zinc that has undergone an expansion.
They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the aforementioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches
Reporting to the General Manager, you would be responsible for the profitable, safe, and effective operation of the mining stream in the following areas of responsibility: Technical Services (including LOM), on site SGS laboratory, Open Pit Mining Department and Project execution; implementing operational excellence activities within the Chief Mining Officer (CMO) span of control, highlighted below;
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership to all Departments
- Pre-Feasibility/ Feasibility study development
- Evaluation of grades/ costs/ profits - Presenting to the Board
- Setting goals and strategies in line with the organizational goals and objectives, motivating and monitoring work performance of the Departments
- Motivate and monitor work performance in line with mining operational objectives.
- Understand the strategic, long-term mining plans and implement mid to short term plans to meet objectives and targets.
- Provide effective leadership to all team members and drive a high performance culture.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly reviews on performance / production targets to advise and communicate the tracking towards the ultimate goals set.
- Monthly review to measure targets and to revisit target deadlines so they are met
- This position will in addition act as the General Manager in his absence to ensure the continuation of the General Manager's duties and responsibilities.
- Manage, advise and guide problems that are being communicated to this position by direct reports.
- Establish a framework with Departmental Managers to ensure a thorough understanding of expected targets to be met in order to ensure that performance outcomes are favorable.
- Manage guide and review projects of individual Section Managers.
- Chair various meetings and set resolutions in place and manage the 'high risk' issues.
- Essential - Degree in Mining /Geological Engineering
- Desirable - Masters or MBA
- Desirable - Previous experience in Chief Mining Officer role (or similar)
- +15 years' experience in open pit and underground mining in a managerial role.
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team (Expatriate experience essential)
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of mine operations including mine construction and projects.
- Experience managing operations, finance/ budgets, policies/ procedures, risk management and HR
- Desirable - Mine Manager/ Quarry Manager Ticket
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please send an updated copy of your CV, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.