Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a well experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for providing mechanical technical assistance to multi-disciplinary teams in the business. Maintain the integrity of all mechanical engineering decisions to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness and compliance with relevant international standards and codes.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be accountable to lead and provide mechanical engineering services, including design and project management skills and discipline specific standards to support plant modifications and capital projects.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and be a resource in analysing day to day problems, trouble-shooting of issues, liaising with manufacturer or technical expertise to understand and improve reliability issues that affect plant operations.
- Experience with detailed design of static and rotating equipment, sizing of mechanical equipment, issue deliverables.
- Experience with engineering project workflows and procedures.
- Develop and maintain quality control, cost estimates, scope of work and economic evaluation for capital and non-capital projects.
- Ensure all documents related to Management of Change, environment, production capacity and operation stability, reliability are kept relevant.
- Establish and maintain a high technical level in all aspects of mechanical engineering throughout the company.
- Assignment of mechanical engineering work to named staff to fulfil plant/mine/pipeline requirements.
- Establish/write procedures necessary for civil engineering according to international norms.
- An Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Registered Engineer is preferred. I.Mech.E or P.E or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of Minimum 10 years' experience in modern downstream plant in senior mechanical positions in maintenance & equipment reliability.
- Experience as Technical Authority Mechanical in maintenance and operations in high pressure hydrometallurgical or petroleum /petrochemical plants.
- Knowledgeable in project management and budgeting.
- Technical background in the following:
- Mechanical engineering disciplines, including heat transfer, fluid dynamics, piping design and pressure systems, with commissioning experience being an advantage.
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking processes.
- Fitness for service calculations (API579 or equivalent)
- Mechanical stress calculations (empirical)
- Evaluate mechanical stresses on equipment, piping, vessels, structures
- Turnaround experience (large complex turnarounds > 20 days)
- Project management experience (PMC, End-user, contractor management)
- Contracts: Fixed sum, reimbursed, incentivized
- Materials of construction, welding, rolling, peening, heat treatment
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Previous experience with the management of a team size of 10 - 20 individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Proficient with computer applications including all Microsoft Office products and specialised packages such as Autodesk AutoCAD / Inventor, Caesar II, Hysys.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.