We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Underground Mine Planning Engineer to join to Minesa, Soto Norte project.
Sociedad Minera de Santander, Minesa, is a gold Mining company in feasibility stage located in Santander and has selected Globe 24-7 Inc. as a recruitment partner to successfully source the afore mentioned position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
The Mine Planning Engineer is responsible for preparing the underground mining for operational readiness including mine design, planning and schedule, monitoring and reporting on operational performance. The position is based in Bucaramanga, Colombia with rotation 5x2.
- Responsible for the underground mine design and planning works
- Develop long term (> 12 months), medium (3 month) and short term (weekly) schedules that will enable production targets to be achieved in a safe and cost-efficient manner
- Ensure that infrastructure projects are scoped, planned, resourced and delivered to achieve the mine schedule
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational systems and procedures
- Assist in establishing reconciliation and reporting standards
- Contribute to the development weekly and monthly planning meetings and other technical meetings
- Assist in the development and preparation of the annual budget and confirm production goals are realistic
- Liaise with members of the Technical Services Department to ensure alignment between long term and short-term strategies / targets / constraints in order to provide efficient technical support to the mine production and operation areas of the site
- Assess and record all relevant mining capacities / constraints and verify annual scheduling rates
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the annual ore reserve calculations by using best practice mining methods and layout optimization to complete an economic evaluation of stoping areas within ore bodies and prepare depletion voids
- Assume responsibilities of the Chief Engineer/designate during their absence
- Educational Background, Mining Engineer
- Completed underground experience (e.g. operational experience, supervisor experience), Mine Design, Mine Scheduling, Mine Ventilation, Backfill operations
- Excellent knowledge and application of technical and operating processes relevant to mine planning and scheduling
- Prior experience in bringing a developing project into operation
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferable
- MUST: 3D mine planning software (DESWIK preferred).
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and leadership skills
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best interests of the company
- Teamwork, Flexibility, adaptability and open to alternatives
- Demonstrated drive and personal initiative in addressing challenges
- Availability to reside in Bucaramanga
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 4/2 rotational status
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document