A great opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join a dynamic global mining company and participate in its growth.
Globe 24-7, in partnership with their clients is working together to source experienced and qualified finance professional to work for of their mine site in Northern Ontario.
Our clients currently have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Site Accountant to join their Operations Team in Northern Ontario, working an ongoing 5 days on / 2 days off drive in/drive out roster living locally. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the reporting of monthly financial results for the site. Our world-class clients will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career and work alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Prepare and maintain daily cash flows forecasts
- General Ledger maintenance and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely and accurate month end close
- Prepare monthly reports for management teams including management accounts, insightful analysis and commentary
- Liaising with external accountants for the lodgment of compliances as required
- Supervision of Finance/Payroll support functions.
- Complete Finance/Accounting tasks as required
- Assistance with the annual budget and rolling forecast
- Support the preparation of capital proposals
- Interaction with operational staff to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the management reports and investigate any variances.
- Ongoing monitoring of management information in conjunction with operations management to ensure financial and management reports meet internal deadlines and are accurate and reliable
- Analysis of results in comparison to latest pricing models
- Ensure monthly claims and invoices are prepared in accordance with contractual terms, and monitored to ensure timely receipt
- Database entry
- Other ad-hoc duties including stock take counts and purchase order maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance or similar plus CA or CPA qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong management accounting skills
- Exposure to Payroll and related compliances
- Ability to work at a remote site.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A true team player committed to supporting the company
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to work within a group
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to planand work in a high-volume environment
- Knowledge of Local Taxes, Both Direct and Indirect
- Ideally you will have experience in the mining sector.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and management skills
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills; attention to detail is imperative
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Pronto Software - advantageous
- Possess the ability to work remotely and autonomously, while maintaining a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
- Be commercially savvy, with the ability to think outside the box
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.